Long Arm Quilting

Friday, March 13, 2015

Spring is Near!

Hello there folks! Happy Happy Spring!

Well, at least it feels like spring here in Leavenworth, KS. My hands are tingling to go out and plant...but I am trying to hold off. It just feels too soon. I don't think I am going to do veg this year. Just flowers, but I will probably be tempted to plant some tomatoes despite the horrific Tomato Horn Worms we had last year. 

Spring fever aside I have been doing lots of quilt making and quilting. 


Here are 3 of the items I made for Carrie Bloodstone to take to quilt market. Her new collection "Story" is fabulous!


This is the back of the quilt I named "Night Flight". It was super fun to design, make and quilt. I used some of my new Quilters Dream Cotton in Supreme loft. It is so nice. Really dense and works magic with quilting.


I have also bee doing customer quilting. This is the sweetest Christmas quilt. Taylor had exactly the idea she wanted. She wanted straight lines and Curly (almost Dr Seuss) pine trees quilted in the printed parts.



This quilt was so fun to quilt. I thought about using my record function on my Statler and making all the trees the same, but they were so fun to quilt I did them all free hand. That way each on is just a bit different.


This is such a great quilt! Kelly made this one. She gave me free reign with it. I have been wanting to try "Ghost Shapes" for ages and finally had the perfect quilt. I used Quilters Dream Wood batting for this one. Kelly wanted more puffiness with this quilt. Wool is the perfect batting for a bit of puffiness.


I added just a touch of swirls to the outer border in among the quilted stars.


I have to say how fantastic a piecer Kelly is. The centers of the stars were so nice and flat. That sure makes it easy to quilt folks.


Kelly's quilt backs are always as fabulous as the fronts. It is cool how the quilting shows up on the back.


OK, back to work!

xo,
Tia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I read each one. I will either respond via email or here in the comments. xo - Tia